Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Playlist of the week

Hey there, I bet you thought I wasn't coming back!

I've been driving to the city a lot lately, especially between last week & this past weekend for the Temple Game & my half marathon. It has been wonderful but I'm ready for a little break, & to dominate turkey, spend time with family & shop until I drop on Black Friday!

This morning it took me about an hour & 45 minutes to get to work all because it was raining outside!

Therefore, I put on my four happiest songs to get my pumped for work! You may not have heard of these, but seriously I can't stop myself from dancing when they come on! Download must-haves!

1. Cecilia by Simon & Garfunkel
2. Little bitty pretty one by Thurston Harris & The Sharps
3. Right back where we started from by Maxine Nightingale
4. Rivers of Babylon by Boney M.

For anyone needing a workout pick me up, you have to listen to 'My Body' by Young the Giant! This came on around mile 12 & was a great to get me going! The chorus says:
My body tells me no
But I won't quit
Cause I want more

Also, while running mile this past weekend, I saw some amazing signs to encourage runners!
  • 1 out of 10, you're a 13.1
  • you've trained for this longer than Kim Kardashian was married!
  • Mark's sign for me! He said people were taking pictures of his sign near the finish line & telling him they needed to find themselves a 'Kate'. I love my biggest fan.
I plan on running another half marathon or 10 miler in the spring - anyone want to join?

Enjoy the day. KM

3 comments:

lauriefellman said...

what did Mark's sign say?! Congrats on the half marathon!!!

Unknown said...

Hey who downloaded all those songs for you? :) Love you!

Mrs. McKee said...

My awesome husband, Mr. Awesome!