Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Today is the last day of being 26. What an awesome year."

My mom is right, my 26th year was pretty awesome. This past weekend, prior to my birthday, I was a little upset it was coming to an end & I would be celebrating my 27th birthday. It was my first birthday that I didn't require a week long party, fireworks to notify everyone, or anything over the top. I guess I'm starting to mature, finally.


While having my birthday dinner Heidi asked me to think of the five best things of my past year & it has taken me almost a week to get my thoughts organized, since it was so absolutely amazing. I've picked six moments for 26 that I will never forget.


1. All the wedding related activities. I realize this is a broad event but it was truly a fairytale. I loved all the little moments: picking out my wedding dress, having dinner with my bridesmaids, dress shopping & picking black, hugging my mom, my bridal shower (oh my gosh, such a memorable day), picking out save-the-dates, my bachelorette party, seeing Mark in the library at Normandy farms, our vows, dancing to our band, people telling me I looked beautiful & believing it. Our video is ready but we haven't picked it up from Clair Pruett. We are going to save it until our first wedding anniversary.

2. Our new home. I cannot believe Labor Day weekend we will be a year! I love that it is ours, to share, to build, to love...

3. David Gray concert to celebrate my 26th birthday! I've always loved this artist but to see him in concert made my heart dance. He looked like a bobblehead doll & it was my first concert to actually sing along (yes, I know most of his lyrics) & enjoy the music, rather than the scene.

4. New Years Party. This will now be an annual event at the McKee's because we had such a great time last year. We all drank straight from the champagne bottles, banged pots & pans, listened to Keith's rituals & participated, watched the ball drop in the basement, threw confetti, ate more than enough buffalo chicken dip. Such a success.

5. Picking pumpkins with Jaclyn, Winston, Dalia & Mark. We all met at a great farm, closer to our new house, to enjoy a hay ride, farm animals, wagon rides, & each other while looking for the perfect pumpkins & apples. It was such a perfect day. I remember riding in the wagon with Winston on my lap. In the middle of apple aisles, I told him I loved him so much & he said it right back to me in the most sincere voice. It made my heart melt.

6. Sledding. There is something about doing little kid things when you become an adult. It just feels more fun, slightly adventurous & silly! We went to this gigantic hill in Allentown with Heidi, Brian & seriously spent hours going down this hill - backwards, holding hands, kissing, on our stomachs, even all four of us linked together. We laughed so hard and I never wanted the day to end. We forgot about all the worries in life, talked about Bella, laughed harder than ever before, & I can say we felt so lucky to have this wonderful life & work closures.


I can only imagine my life getting filled with more love, laughs, memories of my loved ones in this upcoming year. Thank you for being a part of my 26th year & making my life so happy.


No comments: