Friday, April 1, 2011

Great Read

I read to escape my life & get caught up in someone else's story. Pack up the Moon by Anna McPartlin is a book on love, moving on & friendships. The book is based on a young, successful, & amusing woman named Emma. She has it all - a boyfriend who she adores, a strong family & awesome friends who seem to be her life. Tragedy strikes early in the book (which brought me to tears) and becomes the foundation for the entire book. After the initial shock, life carries on. With best friends, fun & plenty of adventures each person begins to cope differently. It questions the past, brings guilt but allows healing to begin. When I was reading this book I could imagine my girlfriends saying the lines, the daily balance of life's expectations and appreciation to know it will always be ok, with a strong support system. I've started researching her other books. Let me know if you would like to borrow this one. Happy Friday.

No comments: