Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Completely Random

I have a lot on my mind so in usual Kate form, I'll just say it:

  • We went to the Phillies game last night & it was seriously cold. I was a wimp & ended up tailgating in the car, rather than standing outside trying to drink myself a jacket. We all had a great time even though the game was pretty hard to watch. We are hoping to go back in the warmer months to enjoy a game without blankets and cheese fries that won't freeze before eating.

  • Since changing jobs, my commute can be tough (especially on rainy days). Yesterday, it took me over two hours to get to work but most of the time I'm entertained by other drivers or pedestrians. A few weeks ago there was a gold Jeep wrangler that had a picture of a tiger on the back window & the license plate read, 'HUNT 4ME'. It may have been Charlie Sheen or someone who is more serious than I ever hope to be about tigers. More recently, I've seen a man, with a fork in his mullet, carrying a transparent trash bag like Santa Claus which included, a stereo playing Aerosmith & some clothes. I'll have to post the picture later. Yes, of course, I got a picture because you wouldn't believe me otherwise.

  • I already mentioned my commute & with that I have fallen in love with Preston & Steve. I might have to start doing blog entrees about their morning shows.

  • Due to Mark's April fools joke there has been a lot of talk about babies. We talk about how we hope to discipline our children, who will get up in the middle of the night, how much they will be loved, labor (God help me), when we might start trying, plus a million other things. I think Mark is ready & sometimes I feel guilty for wanting to wait. I know in my heart I will be someday, just not sure when.

  • I am starting to plan Mark's 30th birthday party for a Saturday in July at our house. It is not a surprise, since it is at our home & it is more important for him to have who he wants at his own bash! I do have a few ideas up my sleeve to make it super special.

  • Due to my job, quality assurance, I am always thinking about positive customer service & the difference it can make in any company. Obviously, there is always something we can improve on from our lobby space, polite receptionists, resolution for the customer, carrying a smile, etc. It is one of the most important aspects to any job or company, no matter the product.

  • This past weekend Mark & I switched phones so I could have a phone with the internet (pretty big deal). I'm so happy & Mark has been so patient with me as I learn. He is the best.

Thanks for listening! KM

No comments: