Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I owe you.



I think it is ironic to think that everything our mom's do for us, they only get one day out of the year to be truly celebrated. My mom's birthday is also on May 8th, so her celebration is combined. I never feel as though I give her enough as she has given to me.


She rocked me to sleep, always brought a cooler, sponge painted my room, rubbed my back, let me have my own phone line, she always let me cry, she makes the world's greatest iced tea, she used to ask me her list of questions at 6am, supported me through it all, put a cold wash cloth on my face to wake me up, let me sleep on the floor next to her, came down the rugby hill to tell me to put my mouth guard in, she would lay in my twin bed - feet to head, make me laugh, I've inherited pulling my pants above my belly button, shares her recipes, celebrated my birthdays no matter what day of the week, pats my back as a hug, is so honest, loves me for me...

My parents used to say, the apple doesn't fall from the tree & I would disagree that I would be different. I'm finding out there is no one other than my mom I would like to be like when I grow up. I will never be able to say thank you enough, love her as much as she loves me, but I sure hope she knows how much she means to me...

No comments: