Friday, February 4, 2011

Really?

Usually, I can appreciate CVS for the easy access of a drive through window, a multitude of items readily available & young kids working the counter. (I swear I'm talking about CVS). But tonight was a different story, I had a two hour commute home from work which was bad enough, but had to stop at CVS to get my BC. So, just like every other time, I drive up to the window, sit for a second thinking how they could make the window more attractive without home-made signs regarding hours and flu shots & a woman asks my name. Tonight, I said, Kate McKee & then, they went looking for the bag with my new name on it. Sure enough, new insurance card threw them through a loop. So, they come back after a few minutes asking me to swing around because they can't have me waiting in the drive thru & they needed to enter my new information into the computer. Really? I was wondering if I would hurt their stats or if my car would blow up. So willingly, I drive around the parking lot slowly. I come back around, excited to get my pills & get the hell home. Another lady peeks her head out & says, "can you give us two more minutes?" I realized then, this was going to be a process. I decided to park rather than driving around like an ass in the CVS circle. I go in & yes, there is a line. So as I am waiting patiently, as possible, I hear a pharmacist yelling out last names like she was at a baseball game when finishing prescriptions. Once they shout my name & I feel a sense of urgency. I go up & I find out my new insurance doesn't cover prescriptions. Immediately, I get flustered because they are telling me it will be $27 but they were giving me some sort of pity coupon to lower the price. I ask the 16 year old boy, how much would it cost if I could use my prescription policy & get a blank stare. Without bothering, I walk out of there like a bat out of hell, & call Atena. Poor woman at Atena. She had to explain about ten times what had happened, how to I can fix my issue with our prescription provider. All in all, I think if I felt like someone gave a crap at CVS, it would have been nice. For as much money CVS spends on looking good & still pretending to develop film, I wish they would smooth out their drive thru.

3 comments:

mom said...

so, did you ever get your pills?

Mrs. McKee said...

I did get my pills - Mark's company UHS uses CareMark rather than Atena for prescriptions. So I was confused & had to make calls to Atena & CareMark to straighten out. They are sending me a card, had to pay $20. Can take back if I want.

Anonymous said...

Damn pharmacy benefit managers, pharma companies, and insurance companies, they've made healthcare as complicated as the legal system so they can make as much money as lawyers.